Cheap flights to Vantaa (HEL)
Located approximately 3 miles (5km) west of the center of Vantaa, and 10.6 miles (17km) north of Helsinki’s city center, Helsinki Vantaa International Airport (HEL) is Finland’s main international airport. It was first built for the Summer Olympics of 1952 and now serves an average of 12.5 million passengers per year.
Current renovations at Helsinki Airport, scheduled to be completed by the end of 2011, include a complete overhaul of the waiting lounge, baggage and check-in areas. The addition of several shops, cafes and restaurants is also set to enhance the airport, while the relocation of existing retail and dining establishments will improve passenger flow and free up space for more chairs in the seating areas. The airport building itself is divided into two terminals, separated by a distance of 820 feet (250 meters), and internal pedestrian connections offer quick transfers between them.
Helsinki Vantaa International Airport is clean and staff are helpful and friendly. Security checks and customs are generally quick.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Vantaa
USA departure airports for flights to Vantaa
Useful information about Vantaa
More useful information about Vantaa
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.