Cheap flights to Malta Luqa Intl (MLA)
The only airport in Malta, Malta International Airport (MLA) serves the entire Maltese archipelago, which consists of three islands just south of the island of Sicily. The island has a long and rich history and some of its temples are among the oldest in the world. This, combined with its gorgeous Mediterranean climate, makes it a popular spot with tourists. It is known particularly for its diving and beach vacations.
The airport serves 3 million passengers each year and is just 3.1 miles (5km) from the capital city Valletta. It's the main hub for Air Malta and serves as a small base for Ryanair. Many international airlines have flights to Malta International Airport from across Europe and beyond, especially in summer.
Although small, the airport is well-equipped – it won Best European Airport of the Year in 2010 in ACI's airport quality survey – so your stay at Malta International should be as pleasant and stress-free as your island vacation.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Malta Luqa Intl
USA departure airports for flights to Malta Luqa Intl
Useful information about Malta Luqa Intl
More useful information about Malta Luqa Intl
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.