Cheap flights to Tegel (TXL)
Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL) is the airport that most passengers will use when flying into Berlin. It’s conveniently located only five miles (8km) from the city.
As the fourth-busiest airport in Germany, Berlin Tegel handles more than 15 million passengers per year. A newer airport (Berlin-Brandenburg International Airport) is currently being built at Berlin Schönefeld Airport, and Tegel Airport is scheduled to close by June 2012 when all flights will be routed through Brandenburg Airport.
For now, passengers can enjoy a wealth of shopping opportunities and conveniences at the airport. The main building is centered on an open square and makes for easy navigation and a short commuting distance between disembarkation and exiting the terminal. Remarkably, this distance can be as little as 30 meters between exiting the aircraft and stepping into a taxi, including passport control and luggage retrieval.
Lufthansa uses Berlin Tegel as a focus airport, while Air Berlin and the charter Germania both use Tegel Airport as a central hub. There are a number of airlines including Continental, KLM, and Iberia offering flights to Berlin Tegel Airport from cities ranging from Tel Aviv and Bangkok to Reykjavik, London, New York and Beirut.
Despite its prominence Tegel Airport is still quite a small, almost intimate, airport relative to other major airports in Europe. It provides the perfect hopping-off point to explore this fascinating European city with its rich and turbulent history and dynamic modern attractions.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Tegel
USA departure airports for flights to Tegel
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Tegel
- Miami (MIA)
- New York (NYC)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Newark (EWR)
- Chicago (CHI)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Denver (DEN)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Washington (WAS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Fort Myers (RSW)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Des Moines (DSM)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Austin (AUS)
- Dallas (DFW)
Interesting information about Tegel
More useful information about Tegel
- Comparable to a pub in the UK, a gasthaus is a family-run eatery.
- Germany has 16 states or Bundesländer which can be visited by train.
- Get a last minute flight to Germany to castles and gardens maintained by Europe’s most elite.
- The busiest season for direct flights to Germany is May to late October.
- Make sure to find time to visit Germany's castles and picturesque villages.
- Good deals on one way flights to Germany can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Find good pilsners and other lagers served in bars on your flight to Germany.
- To see romantic castles and picturesque villages, Romantic Road is the route to take.
- Although winter generally brings fewer visitors, it is becoming a popular time especially for the ski areas.
- The country has world class opera houses. You can find them in cities such as Berlin and Munich.
Other user searches
- Miami to Malaga
- Cheap flights from Sacramento to Alaska
- Florida cheapest flights
- Flights from Chicago to Sedona
- Flights to Orlando
- Flights to Worthing from Prescott
- Flights to Delhi from Minneapolis
- Airline tickets to Europe
- Cheap flights to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County
- Flights Atlantic City to Shanghai