Cheap flights to Southampton (SOU)
Home to the first test flight of the Spitfire, Southampton International Airport (SOU) is located 4 miles (6.5 km) north-east of Southampton in the Borough of Eastleigh, England. In 2008 the airport won the Airports Council International Airport People Award for its dedication to customer service and satisfaction, and in 2010, it served just over 1.7 million passengers.
Comprising one terminal building for both international and domestic flights, with adjacent short- and long-term parking lots, the airport’s runway is said to be built over the remains of a Roman villa.
Although small and lacking in shops and restaurants, Southampton International is generally efficient in terms of checking in, security and boarding. Moreover, its close proximity to a number of transport options makes it a breeze getting in and around the city of Southampton.
In general, Southampton International is a quick in-and-out airport. Its small size makes it easy to navigate and its warm and friendly staff make it a pleasure to visit.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Southampton
USA departure airports for flights to Southampton
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Southampton
- Raleigh (RDU)
Interesting information about Southampton
More useful information about Southampton
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.
Other user searches
- Flights to Alghero from Pierre Regional
- Flights to Puerto Rico
- Flights Seattle to Salt Lake City
- Cheap flights Costa Rica
- Flights to Big Bear City
- Flights Lucknow from Arcata
- Flights from New York to Cancun
- Orlando to Hawaii
- Las Vegas to Fargo flights
- Los Angeles International from San Francisco flights