Cheap flights to Pinto Martins (FOR)
Located on the north-east coast of Brazil, Fortaleza is the fifth largest city in the country and a vibrant destination for tourists. Beach lovers are spoilt for choice in Fortaleza, with the area being home to an array of fabulous beaches that stretch along the coast. These include the urban beaches of Meireles and Praia de Iracema. Of the two, Meireles is the most popular and, in addition to a fine stretch of golden sand, boasts a good selection of small independent shops and a delightful choice of rustic eating establishments. For those who are willing to travel a little further along the coast, there are a number of more secluded beach spots and a wealth of delightful fishing villages waiting to be explored.
Back in the city itself, Fortaleza is a constant hive of activity. The main square, Praça do Ferreira, is a traditional meeting point in the city and is home to an array of shops and restaurants. For a marked change of pace, the square at Praça José de Alencar enjoys an altogether more peaceful atmosphere and it is here that the majority of the city's street performers gather to entertain the public. As the sun goes down in Fortaleza, the city's incredibly vibrant nightlife takes over. Every night is party night here, with countless bars, clubs and restaurants vying for your custom.
Best Time to Fly to Fortaleza
The months of September through to November are the ideal times to visit the city. This is the driest period of the year with virtually no rain falling during this time. Average temperatures remain very pleasant, without the sometimes stifling humidity of the following months.
The best deals for visiting the city of Fortaleza can often be found during the months of March, April and May. This is the off-peak season here, bridging the gap between the summer months of December to February and the main Brazilian school holiday period in July.
Getting around Fortaleza
Buses are the main form of public transport in the city. Most of the bus services are available seven days a week, with some operating on a 24-hour basis. Taxis are also plentiful here and all are fitted with meters. All official taxis have a small poster on one of the side rear windows detailing their fares. Visitors are advised to never get into a vehicle which does not display its fares in this way.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Pinto Martins
USA departure airports for flights to Pinto Martins
Useful information about Pinto Martins
More useful information about Pinto Martins
- Some travelers take last minute flights to Brazil for the resort areas of Copacabana and Ipanema.
- People book one way flights to Brazil to be close to the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer.
- If you’re a soccer buff then you can’t miss a game at the soccer mecca of the world: Maracanã Stadium.
- Take a cable car up 1300 feet to Pão de Açúcar and see breathtaking views.
- There are five climatic regions in Brazil: equatorial, tropical, semi-arid, highland tropical and subtropical.
- During Carnival and New Year Eve, people are in full party mode.
- Hike through the tropical jungle of the Parque Nacional da Tijuca in Rio.
- Many travelers book direct flights to Brazil with the intention of touring the Amazon.