Cheap flights to Pescara (PSR)
When is the best time to fly to Pescara?
Pescara enjoys a different blend of seasons. It has hot summers and cold winters with light and heavy showers almost all throughout the year. December and January can be too cold even for visitors from cold regions, however, these months offer cheap flights to Pescara and great discounts on accommodation. Once February hits, the weather starts to warm up and the tourist season commences. February through April are the best months to visit and when travellers will find increased rates for accommodation and flights to Pescara.
The months of May through July are the hot season, but that doesn’t mean this is off-season, as some visitors prefer the warmer temperatures. The city hosts a great music festival in July: Pescara Jazz Festival. Tourists continue to pour into Pescara until November, just before the harsh cold weather descends upon the city.
The coastal city of Pescara showcases the best that Mother Nature has to offer: views of the water and mountain peaks on two sides. The city is located in the Abruzzo region of Italy, where the history of the local people spans more than 4,000 years.
The Adriatic Sea is one of the main reasons why visitors take flights to Pescara, as are the lovely beaches that line the city. A long coastline offers plenty of space to spread out, and while not all beaches are free, the views can’t be beat.
The neighbouring mountains are worth spending a day to explore, too. The nearby range of La Bella Dormentata, or “The Sleeping Beauty,” offers a natural park where visitors can spend a day wandering through the trails immersed in Italy’s natural beauty.
Of course, one of the best ways to enjoy Italy is by treating yourself to fine food and wine, and visitors will find plenty of cafés and restaurants within the city that fit the bill. The public square of Piazza Rinascita is a great place to find a quaint café to spend a relaxing afternoon. Afterwards, visitors can head to the city centre for a shopping spree or check out local museums like the Basilio Cascella Museum, known for its historic art and furniture.
If a daytrip is in order, the nearby village of Chieti is well worth a visit. Coastal views, historic architecture and a leisurely pace make it the perfect addition to a trip to Pescara.
Getting around Pescara
Public transportation consists of a trolleybus, which connects passengers with all of the main attractions throughout the city. The beach area is easily accessible by foot. As the weather gets colder, most of the events move to the city centre, where no transportation is needed to get around.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Flights to Pescara will arrive at Abruzzo International Airport (PSR), about 2.5 miles (4 km) from the city centre. The local bus system is connected to the airport and also connects travellers with the local railway. Taxis are also available to hire, and it’s about a 10-minute ride into the centre of Pescara. Expect set fares to travel into town.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Pescara
This is useful information about Pescara
More useful information about Pescara
- Book a one way flight to Italy and immerse yourself in the works of Raphael, Michelangelo, and da Vinci.
- Bologna is a beautiful city with a medieval center, old brick palaces, and porticoed streets.
- In Italy, the mountain ski season is December through April.
- Travelers take direct flights to Italy to ski the snow-capped mountain tops of the Dolomites.
- The slow travel season for Italy usually runs from November to mid-December.
- The entire country has the same coastal temperatures all year round except for the higher elevations.
- A last minute flight to Italy will get you to Venice in time for Carnival that takes place every February.
- Italy has set the groundwork for many of today’s literature, theater, art, and cuisine.
- Your best bet to see some of Italy's beautiful vineyards is to take an organized tour.
- Serious shoppers take flights to Italy to purchase some of the country's famed fashion.
Other user searches
- Flights to Orlando from Chicago
- Cheap Joplin Regional to Sangster flights
- Massena Intl-Richards Field to McGhee Tyson
- Flights from Chicago to USA
- Cheap deals to Tahiti
- Cheap flights from New York to Asia
- Flights from New Orleans to Las Vegas
- Flights to Charlotte
- Seattle to India
- Cheap Alaska Airlines flights