Flights from Tampa International (TPA) to New York (NYC)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Tampa International to New York across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Tampa International to New York
How much do things cost in New York and Tampa?
Additional useful information for New York
It's no wonder that millions of people from all over the world visit the Big Apple every year. After all, it's the world's capital, not to mention the greatest city in the world. Go ice skating at Rockefeller Center during the holiday season or rent a boat in Central Park during summer. It's a city ideal for casual exploring, with ample transportation options, restaurants featuring cuisine from every part of the globe and attractions everyone should see, such as Broadway, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty and the spectacular view of the city from atop the Empire State Building.
How long is the flight from Tampa to New York?
The gate-to-gate flight time from Tampa International Airport to New York City runs from about 2 hours 40 minutes to about 3 hours, depending on the airline and to which airport you fly.
Which airlines operate flights from Tampa to New York?
United flies non-stop from Tampa International Airport (TPA) to Newark Liberty International (EWR), while jetBlue flies direct from TPA to both EWR and John F. Kennedy International (JFK.) Delta offers flights from TPA to both JFK and LaGuardia Airports (LGA.) These airlines, as well as American and Spirit, also fly between the two cities with one or more stops in between.
How frequent are flights between Tampa and New York?
On a typical day, direct flights depart at least hourly, beginning around 6 a.m. and with the last flight around 7 p.m. You'll have the most options if you don't mind a longer flight that has one or more stops.
Which airports serve Tampa and New York?
The Big Apple is served by Newark Liberty International (EWR), John F. Kennedy International (JFK) and LaGuardia airports (LGA), while Tampa International Airport serves Tampa Bay. St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport (PIE) also serves the Tampa area, but without any direct flights from PIE to New York City.
Which direct flight route between Tampa and New York is cheapest?
The cheapest route between Tampa International Airport and NYC is often a toss up, with flights to Newark or JFK being close or the same in price.
The Tampa, Florida area is considerably warmer, more humid and less expensive than New York City, so pack a heavy coat for possible cold and snowy weather if you're visiting the Big Apple during winter, and pad your wallet too. That said, it's a terrific city to visit during the holiday season, with the holiday spirit on full display across the city and throngs of residents and tourists alike adding to the spirit. Despite heavier crowds any time of year, New York City is terrific for just getting out and exploring on foot and you'll rarely even work up a sweat.
Save money for your trip to New York City when you let Cheapflights show you the best deals from around the web. For the cheapest possible flight, leave your travel dates flexible.
Other user searches
- Los Angeles to Madrid cheap flights
- American Airlines flights
- Flights to Denver International from Boston
- Myrtle Beach from Newark
- Miami to John F. Kennedy International
- Cheap flights from San Francisco to New Jersey
- Boston to Europe
- Flights to Naples
- Flights to Honolulu
- Los Angeles from Medford flights
Facts and figures about flying from Tampa International to New York
- The Airbus A319 is the smallest airplane available for flights between Tampa International and New York
- United Air Lines Inc. operates 165 flights a week from Tampa International to New York
- Flights from Tampa International to New York most often depart from gate A5
- The largest aircraft flying between Tampa International and New York is a Boeing 757 Mixed
- Diversions are not a regular occurrence on flights between Tampa International and New York
- On average all flights between Tampa International and New York offer a total of 1174 seats per day
- Flights from Tampa International to New York are typically delayed by 57 mins
- If you’re flying between Tampa International and New York you will most likely travel with a Boeing 737-900
- Flights from Tampa International to New York most frequently use Charlotte/Douglas International as a connection
Popular routes to New York
Popular routes from Tampa International
- Tampa International to Las Vegas flights
- Tampa International to Boston
- Tampa International to Atlanta flights
- Chicago from Tampa International flights
- Flights Denver from Tampa International
- Tampa International to Cleveland
- Flights Miami from Tampa International
- Tampa International to Newark
- Tampa International to Philadelphia flights