Flights from Atlanta International (ATL) to New York (NYC)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Atlanta International to New York across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Atlanta International to New York
How much do things cost in New York and Atlanta?
Additional useful information for New York
New York City is one of the great world cities, drawing people from across the country to do business, enjoy the best in shopping, and celebrate the arts in every way. Whether your trip to New York City takes you to Broadway to see the latest Tony winner, to Wall Street to close a deal, to Fifth Avenue to pick up the latest fashions, or to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see a special exhibit, you can get there quickly and easily from Atlanta. When you travel from Atlanta to New York City, you're making the journey from one of the great travel hubs to another, which means you have plenty of flight choices available.
How long is the flight from Atlanta to New York City?
Your flight from Atlanta to New York City is likely to be a nonstop flight, since the distance between the two cities isn't significant. Expect to spend a little over two hours in the air.
Which airlines operate flights from Atlanta to New York City?
Delta flies from Atlanta to all three of New York's major airports: JFK, LaGuardia and Newark's Liberty International Airport. You can also fly in to Newark on United. United and Delta also make the trip from Atlanta to JFK, as do Frontier, American Airlines and Southwest.
How frequent are flights between Atlanta and New York City?
About 50 nonstop flights connect Atlanta and New York City every day, so your chances of finding at a convenient time are pretty good. Flights depart as early as 6 a.m. and keep going till almost midnight each day.
Which airports serve Atlanta to New York City?
Flights to New York City originate from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta and may fly to either John F. Kennedy International Airport, LaGuardia or Newark Liberty International Airport.
Which direct flight route between Atlanta and New York City is cheapest?
There's not much difference in price between the various route choices from Atlanta to New York City, but flights into LaGuardia tend to be slightly cheaper than those to the other airports.
Any trip to New York City should include some time spent in Central Park. This vast park provides an oasis from the 24/7 hustle and bustle in the City That Never Sleeps, and it features everything from open-air ice skating in the winter to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to concerts and Shakespeare performances on the great lawns. Another must-visit attraction is the new September 11 Memorial, which draws quiet contemplation and an understanding of what's important. The best of theater awaits you on Broadway. Book half-price tickets at the TKTS booth in Times Square, and don't neglect off-Broadway productions. If you love opera, see what's playing at the Met, and check out Lincoln Center's playlist as well for other fine arts performances.
However you choose to fly to New York City from Atlanta, you can count on an exhilarating visit. Use our smart search engine to find the very cheapest deals for your flight.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from Atlanta International to New York
- The Embraer ERJ 135/ERJ 140/ERJ 145 is the smallest aircraft operating flights between Atlanta International and New York
- Between Atlanta International and New York Delta Air Lines, Inc. operates 229 flights per week
- The most popular connection between Atlanta International and New York is Charlotte/Douglas International
- Flights from Atlanta International to New York have 1561 passenger seats available each day
- The largest plane flying between Atlanta International and New York is the Boeing 757 Mixed
- The Boeing 737-700 is the most popular aircraft used for flights between Atlanta International and New York
- For flights between Atlanta International and New York, the average cancellation rate is 2.7%
- The most common departure terminal from Atlanta International to New York is S
- Diversions are not a regular occurrence on flights between Atlanta International and New York
Popular routes to New York
Popular routes from Atlanta International
- Atlanta International to Las Vegas flights
- Atlanta International to Miami
- Atlanta International to Chicago flights
- Cheap flights to Los Angeles from Atlanta International
- Atlanta International to Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap flights from Atlanta International to Honolulu
- Flights Atlanta International to Boston
- Flights to Washington from Atlanta International
- Atlanta International to Seattle