Flights from San Francisco International (SFO) to Los Angeles (LAX)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from San Francisco International to Los Angeles across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for San Francisco International to Los Angeles
How much do things cost in Los Angeles and San Francisco?
Additional useful information for Los Angeles
Located along the Pacific coast, Los Angeles offers delightful ocean breezes mixed in with a hip urban vibe, outstanding shopping, and - of course - Hollywood glamour and fame. Whether you visit to catch some sun or a glimpse of your favorite actor, the city offers an amazing vacation for every traveler. Best of all, it's just a short flight from San Francisco.
How long is the flight from San Francisco to Los Angeles?
The average flight time from San Francisco to Los Angeles is a short one and a half hours, and most flights offer direct service without a layover due to San Francisco being just up the coast.
Which airlines operate flights from San Francisco to Los Angeles?
Many of the major U.S. carriers offer service from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Daily service is available on Spirit, United, Alaska and Virgin America just to name a few.
How frequent are flights between San Francisco and Los Angeles?
Flights between San Francisco and Los Angeles are fairly frequent, with early flights taking off at 6 a.m. PST or earlier and later flights available up until midnight or later. High business travel volume between the two Californian cities ensures you'll almost always find a flight to fit your scheduling needs.
Which airports serve San Francisco to Los Angeles?
Passengers are served by five airports in the Los Angeles area, with Los Angeles International Airport - widely known as LAX - seeing the most traffic. Other airports in the area include Hollywood Burbank Airport (formerly, Bob Hope Airport), Long Beach Airport, John Wayne Airport and Ontario Airport.
San Francisco is served by four airports, and the two major hubs are San Francisco International Airport and Oakland International Airport, located just across the bay. Charles M. Schulz-Sonoma County Airport and Mineta San Jose International Airport round out the offerings for the area when it comes to booking flights.
Which direct flight route between San Francisco and Los Angeles is cheapest?
The cheapest direct flight between San Francisco and Los Angeles is a nonstop fare from Oakland International Airport to Los Angeles International Airport, although San Francisco International Airport runs a close second in terms of cost. Research your travel time and cost to get to the airport before making your final departure airport decision.
San Francisco and Los Angeles are prime examples of the diverse cultures and experiences that make up the state of California. Visitors flock to see the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and continue on to relaxed tours through the Napa Valley countryside with stops at wineries along the way. Los Angeles offers the bright lights of a big city and all of the fun that Hollywood has to offer. Nature lovers enjoy visits to Griffith Park and its winding trails, while those in search of the sand can visit any of a number of beaches that line the coast from Malibu on down through Santa Monica and Huntington Beach.
Ready to book a weekend getaway or week-long break to Los Angeles? Use our easy search engine to find flights and fares that fit your budget and your plans.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from San Francisco International to Los Angeles
- Flights from San Francisco International to Los Angeles offer a Boeing 747-400 (Domestic) as the largest available aircraft
- The Canadair CRJ 200 is the smallest aircraft operating flights between San Francisco International and Los Angeles
- Flights from San Francisco International to Los Angeles are not usually diverted
- Between San Francisco International and Los Angeles United Air Lines Inc. operates 373 flights per week
- For flights from San Francisco International to Los Angeles 48 is the most common departure gate
- The most common departure terminal for flights from San Francisco International to Los Angeles is 1
- Flights from San Francisco International to Los Angeles are delayed 11.3 percent of the time
- From San Francisco International to Los Angeles, the most frequently used aircraft is a Boeing 737-700
- Flights from San Francisco International to Los Angeles are cancelled 1.1% of the time
Popular routes to Los Angeles
Popular routes from San Francisco International
- Flights to Las Vegas from San Francisco International
- San Francisco International to New York
- San Francisco International to Honolulu cheap flights
- San Francisco International to Miami flights
- San Francisco International to San Diego cheap flights
- San Francisco International to Seattle
- Flights to Chicago from San Francisco International
- San Francisco International to Boston flights
- San Francisco International to Atlanta flights