Cheap flights to Linate (LIN)
Linate International Airport (LIN), officially called Airport Enrico Forlanini – after the Italian inventor and aeronautical engineer born in Milan – is one of three major airports in Milan. It was completely reconstructed in the 1950s, as well as the 1980s, in order to accommodate the increasing number of tourists visiting the area each year, and in 2010 it handled more than 8 million passengers. Flights to Milan Linate International Airport come from hubs in the UK and Europe.
Comprising one fairly tired-looking terminal building with two levels, Linate International can be somewhat crowded and chaotic at times. Thankfully, however, staff are friendly and helpful. There are five airbridges, which means that numerous flights are boarded via airport shuttles, thus increasing waiting times for many passengers.
Perhaps the greatest benefit of using Linate International is its close proximity to the city center. Located only 4.8 miles (7.8km) south-east of Milan, it’s a short, 15-minute drive to the capital of Lombardy.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Linate
USA departure airports for flights to Linate
Interesting information about Linate
More useful information about Linate
- Book a one way flight to Italy and immerse yourself in the works of Raphael, Michelangelo, and da Vinci.
- Bologna is a beautiful city with a medieval center, old brick palaces, and porticoed streets.
- In Italy, the mountain ski season is December through April.
- Travelers take direct flights to Italy to ski the snow-capped mountain tops of the Dolomites.
- The slow travel season for Italy usually runs from November to mid-December.
- The entire country has the same coastal temperatures all year round except for the higher elevations.
- A last minute flight to Italy will get you to Venice in time for Carnival that takes place every February.
- Italy has set the groundwork for many of today’s literature, theater, art, and cuisine.
- Your best bet to see some of Italy's beautiful vineyards is to take an organized tour.
- Serious shoppers take flights to Italy to purchase some of the country's famed fashion.