Cheap flights to Khartoum (KRT)
Khartoum is the capital city of Sudan, resting where the Blue and White Nile waters unify. This destination has a rich cultural heritage and there are numerous festivals and events occurring throughout the year. The Souq Arabi is a good place to visit while here. You'll find a wide range of items, while getting a good grasp of the culture, by mingling with the locals and checking out the sights and sounds. The Sudan Ethnographic Museum is another must do. Here you'll learn about various customs and traditions, of all of the Sudanese ethnic groups, through a selection of displays and exhibits. Every Friday night the Whirling Dervishes give a performance, outside of the Hamed al Nil mosque. The performance of the Dervishes is quite spiritual and somewhat hypnotic, with rhythmic drumming, clapping, singing and of course whirling. The Khartoum International Book Fair occurs in October, as does the International Music Festival, both are worth attending if you are in the city at this time. Mawlid an Nabi is a big celebration in Khartoum occurring in February. This marks the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad. The streets come alive at this time, with music, dancing and plenty of food stalls, sharing local cuisine. In January Sudan celebrates Independence Day and a variety of festivities take place, across the city of Khartoum. The International Trade fair also occurs during this month, followed by the Annual Flower Festival, in February and the Al Bugaa International Theater Festival in March.
Best Time to Fly to Khartoum
This destination stays busy with events and festivities throughout the year, so you'll always find something to do while here. The weather is very hot in Khartoum, although May and June are noted as being the hottest months of the year, with temperatures elevating to scorching heights. This extreme heat can be too oppressive for tourists, so visiting outside of these months is recommended.
Off-peak season occurs during the summer months, between May and June. The hot weather tends to put visitors off, so you'll find some good bargains, on flights around this time.
Getting around Khartoum
Metered taxis are a good way to get around the city, as unmetered cabs tend to overcharge tourists. The minibus is a cheaper option, however, they are usually very crowded and you'll need to know a little Arabic, to determine the bus routes. Car rentals are okay, if you don't mind driving through congested roads. Traffic in Khartoum can be extremely chaotic and frustrating.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Khartoum
USA departure airports for flights to Khartoum
Interesting information about Khartoum
More useful information about Khartoum
- South Africa retains strong influences from Dutch and British culture.
- Because you need a return or onward ticket to enter the country, one way flights to Africa are not ideal.
- Direct flights from American cities to African cities are rare.
- The entire continent of Africa is generally warm year-round, with North Africa being the hottest.
- Africa’s history is as vast and rich as the continent itself.
- For a breath taking beach experience, visit the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar.
- Booking a last minute flight to Africa is not advisable, since much preparation is usually needed.
- Kenya offers an extraordinary Safari experience.
Other user searches
- Utah from Minneapolis
- Cheap South Bend International to Quetta flights
- Oklahoma City to Montreal flights
- Cheap Los Angeles flights
- Brazil from Grand Forks
- Cheap flights to Philadelphia
- Jacksonville to South Carolina
- Flights to Africa from San Francisco
- Flights to Rome from Austin
- San Francisco to Belgium flights