Cheap flights to Kharkiv (HRK)
When is the best time to fly to Kharkov?
Ukrainian summertime spans May to September, with an average temperature of approximately 24°C, and is also when the majority of the main events and festivals take place. Many arts festivals are held in the summer, including the Kharkov Mayor's Cup dance, Lilacs of Kharkov film festival, and Reggae Music festival.
Visitors who want to save money on flights will notice that the winter off-season is much cheaper than other months. Ukrainian winter spans from November to February, and travel costs will be the lowest during these months. Booking any flights or journeys several months in advance also ensures better deals.
Kharkov, sometimes referred to as Kharkiv, is the second largest city in Ukraine, and is located in the north-east part of the country. The city was formerly part of the Russian Empire, however even since its founding in 1654 has been a centre of Ukrainian culture. With almost 200 academic and scientific institutions, the city is a major cultural and educational centre in Eastern Europe. The city is located close to Russia's western border, and includes good transport links to some of Russia's western cities, such as Belgorod and Kursk, and is the ideal place to begin a potential journey throughout the rest of Eastern Europe and Russia. As one of the premier centres of culture and history in Europe, Kharkov is filled with many attractions including museums, cultural spots, and historical locations. The city centre is dominated by the massive Freedom (Svoboda) Square, one of the largest in Europe, and is surrounded by large shopping districts full of restaurants, boutiques, and historic buildings which offer an authentic taste of Ukraine. Many museums and cultural buildings are spread throughout the city centre and surrounding areas, such as the Kharkiv Historical Museum, Planetarium, and Annunciation and Pokrovsky Cathedrals. Kharkov zoo, just a short walk from Freedom Square, is full of many exotic animals such as lions, elephants, and birds of prey. Visitors with a love of the outdoors can visit many botanical gardens and Gorky Park, which also includes roller coasters and picnic areas.
Getting around Kharkov
Kharkov is one of the largest transport hubs in Ukraine, and is directly connected to many other towns and cities throughout Eastern Europe and Russia. The Kharkov Metro operates 29 stations throughout the city, with many more bus stops and several taxi firms in operation.
Getting from the Airport to the City
International arrivals will land in Kharkiv International Airport (HRK), and can reach the city by an airport shuttle service, car rental, metro, or taxi hire. The metro service will depart from the airport terminus, and the city can be reached via просп. Гагаріна (Gagarin avenue) if travelling by taxi or car rental. Taxi services operate on a fixed price, and depart from terminal A.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Kharkiv
USA departure airports for flights to Kharkiv
Useful information about Kharkiv
More useful information about Kharkiv
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.