Cheap flights to Funchal (FNC)
Informally referred to as Funchal Airport and once known as Santa Catarina Airport, Madeira Airport is one of the most unique airports in the world. Once infamous for its short runway (mountains on one side and ocean on the other), its extended runway is now supported by 180 columns each 70m (230ft) high, extending out over the Atlantic.
The airport offers connections to 45 cities around the world and can handle 3.5 million visitors each year. Madeira Airport is perfectly situated as the gateway to Portugal’s vibrant island life.
Madeira Airport provides travellers with a host of services to ensure a pleasant and enjoyable arrival to (or departure from) the island. And it’s not just the runways that were ingeniously conceptualised; its single terminal is mostly underground. It has 40 check-in counters, 16 boarding gates and seven baggage belts. There are no air bridges, but passengers can simply stroll to the terminal once they’ve disembarked or catch one of the free bus shuttles.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Funchal
USA departure airports for flights to Funchal
Interesting information about Funchal
More useful information about Funchal
- Fatima is a spot of spiritual importance, and visitors from around the world take part in a pilgrimage.
- Sintra is home to some of Portugal’s most picturesque man-made sights, including technicolor castles and mansions.
- Spend an evening out in the cobblestone streets of Bairro Alto.
- The Douro Valley in Costa Verde produces the region’s famous port wine.
- Cooling sea breezes drive visitors on to last minute flights to Portugal in droves from May through September.
- Book a flight to Portugal for picturesque natural scenery and miles and miles of coastline.
- Take a direct flight to Portugal and explore medieval towns, windswept coastlines, and romantic hideaways.
- Most one way flights to Portugal touch down at Lisbon International Airport.