Cheap flights to Fredericton (YFC)
The city of Moncton in New Brunswick province is a warm-hearted, welcoming city that promises an exciting variety of city attractions and natural wonders. This Canadian city, situated on the banks of the Petitcodiac River is surrounded by natural features, and is most notable for the Tidal Bore, a spectacular natural wave of water caused by rising waters in the nearby Bay of Fundy. The city offers a host of attractions suitable for all ages, such as Magic Mountain Water Park and Magnetic Hill Zoo, perfect places for little ones to have fun. For more family adventure, you can book an aerial adventure course at TreeGO Moncton to get a treetop view of Centennial Park. To the north of the downtown, Irishtown Nature Park provides a scenic habitat for local wildlife, where visitors can follow a number of forest trails of varying difficulty. One of Moncton's more unusual attractions, Magnetic Hill, has been drawing tourists to the city for decades. Visitors can drive their car up this famous road to experience phenomena that appear to defy gravity. If you enjoy seeing unusual natural features, then a trip out to Hopewell Rocks gives the opportunity to see incredible flowerpot rocks and experience the highest tides in the world from the ocean floor. After enjoying the wealth of entertainment and cultural actions within the city, you can head out to one of the nearby national parks, like Fundy National Park to the south of the city to get an authentic experience of the Canadian wilderness.
Best Time to Fly to Fredericton
Moncton's climate is similar to a continental climate, so temperatures can vary from hot and sunny in summer to cold and snowy in winter. Although the city hosts a full variety of events to enjoy throughout the year, most visitors will want to make the most of the warm weather between May and September.
In the winter months, snowfall is typical between November and December, with temperatures dropping below freezing. Despite these conditions, you can still find plenty of attractions within and around the city, including winter sports and sleigh rides. Accommodation at this time is generally cheaper and more widely available than in the peak season.
Getting around Fredericton
A local bus service runs regular transfers throughout the Moncton area. The Intercity Bus also provides connections to other major towns in the region.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Fredericton
This is useful information about Fredericton
More useful information about Fredericton
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.