Cheap flights to Faro (FAO)
Faro Airport (FAO) is the gateway to the Algarve region in Portugal, a popular vacation destination for sun-starved visitors from Northern Europe and the UK. The airport is small, but sees more than a million passengers a year, and flights to Faro Airport arrive in droves during the peak summer season.
The terminal is undergoing renovations to keep up with numbers, but the current expansion is only due to be completed in 2013. If you're going on vacation, be prepared for long queues at the check-in area and at the security desks, which are often swamped at peak times.
Faro itself, only 1.6 miles (2.6km) from the airport, dates back to the 8th century and is blessed with gorgeous, hot summers. Take a stroll through the city streets and enjoy the beautiful buildings, statues and monuments.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Faro
USA departure airports for flights to Faro
This is useful information about Faro
More useful information about Faro
- Fatima is a spot of spiritual importance, and visitors from around the world take part in a pilgrimage.
- Sintra is home to some of Portugal’s most picturesque man-made sights, including technicolor castles and mansions.
- Spend an evening out in the cobblestone streets of Bairro Alto.
- The Douro Valley in Costa Verde produces the region’s famous port wine.
- Cooling sea breezes drive visitors on to last minute flights to Portugal in droves from May through September.
- Book a flight to Portugal for picturesque natural scenery and miles and miles of coastline.
- Take a direct flight to Portugal and explore medieval towns, windswept coastlines, and romantic hideaways.
- Most one way flights to Portugal touch down at Lisbon International Airport.