Cheap flights to Exmouth Gulf, Australia
At the very northern edge of Australia's west coast lies an isolated gulf, famed for its spectacular natural landscape and rich marine life. Exmouth town on the western shore of Exmouth Gulf in Western Australia is incredibly remote, located 789 miles north of Perth. Although the town was originally a military base, it is now a tourist hub that offers many exciting opportunities for visitors to witness the scenic beauty and exotic marine life of the World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef. This unique location is where the reef meets the range, a place of unspoilt beaches, wild bush land and colorful coral reefs. You can get a personal encounter with nature by taking one of the many boat tours available around Exmouth Gulf, which offer various activities, such as humpback whale watching, bird watching and swimming with whale sharks. Close to the town lies the Cape Range National Park, a wild landscape of gorges, caves and sandy beaches, where intrepid travelers can set off on rugged outback adventures. One of its most spectacular features is Yardie Creek, a sheer gorge that is home to a colony of black-footed rock wallabies. You can learn more about the local area with a visit to Milyering Discovery Center, which displays indepth information about the park environment. Exmouth Gulf also offers some fascinating heritage sites, of which the most popular is the Vlamingh Head Lighthouse. Standing on top of a headland, the lighthouse area offers wonderful scenic views over the coast. If you want to complete your day by relaxing on a pristine sandy beach, there are plenty to choose from, including Bundegi Beach and Lighthouse Bay, which is also the site of the SS Mildura shipwreck.
Best Time to Fly to Exmouth Gulf
The climate in Exmouth is hot and arid all through the year, but the high temperatures can be uncomfortable in the summer months from December to March. If you want to visit the area at a more pleasant time when the temperature is slightly cooler then the months of June to August are the best months to visit.
From April to October this small town swells with workers and tourists who come here for the peak tourist season. If you want to avoid this influx of people, try visiting outside this period to achieve better prices on travel costs.
Getting around Exmouth Gulf
There is little in the way of transportation for getting around Exmouth and the surrounding area. You can rent a scooter, car or campervan to do a self drive, which is the most popular option for visiting the local tourist areas.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to Western Australia
Useful information about Exmouth Gulf
More useful information about Exmouth Gulf
- Sydney is Australia's oldest city and has international style and superb dining.
- Looking for daily deals while in Australia? Groupon and Living Social have a presence there too.
- If you are looking for Australian beaches, Bondi Beach in Sydney should be a first stop.
- Last minute flight deals to Australia can be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- The 'real' Tasmanian Devil is found on the island of Tasmania, and is the size of a small dog.
- Book a direct flight to Australia to see bizarre wildlife and beautiful beaches.
- Take a one way flight to Australia and you'll will be picking up some of the local slang in no time.
- Want to visit the capital city? It's little-known Canberra; not Sydney or Melbourne.
- Some of Australia's six states are New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- The off season in Australia is June through August when winter is in full effect.