Cheap flights to Ercan (ECN)
When to book a flight to Ercan
The Mediterranean climate in the region means hot, sunny summers from April till October and cooler winter periods from November to March so it's an excellent option for any time depending on your preferences. If your booking flight to Ercan either do it well in advance or last minute, you can find cheap flights to Ercan offered by many airlines and travel agents. Visit in June to catch the Nicosia International Fair, where you can meet locals and enjoy the many mobile restaurants and the exciting funfair. The city boasts several festivals during the peak season months, and you may also be interested in the International Gonyeli Festival in July which is a showcase for Turkish music, folk dance and bands. The annual Youth Festival is a summer essential, and the Walled City Jazz Festival attracts lots of visitors each September. The Nicosia Theatre Festival also takes place in September and October, and though plays are performed in Turkish it's still highly accessible.
The high or peak season period is from June till September and flight prices reflect this as school holidays, the many local festivals and events and summer sunshine make the Ercan area highly popular. Shoulder season fares tend to be a little lower and the region is pleasant and less crowded in March to April and October to November. Find a cheap flight to Ercan during December to February when fares drop for the low season period. The exception is the Christmas and New Year period as school and work place holidays make the region a favourite over the festive season.
Why visit Ercan?
Ercan airport is where many visitors who fly to Northern Cyprus arrive, and this sunny Mediterranean region is an inspired choice for holidays at almost any time of year.
Book a cheap flight to Ercan and find something that appeals to all ages within Ercan or the neighbouring city of Nicosia is an essential stop. The walled Old City is one of the most interesting districts and you'll find Atatürk Square at its centre. The square is known for a majestic Venetian Column and it's a wonderful spot to enjoy a Turkish coffee as you watch the world pass by.
Nicosia's most famous landmark is Selimiye Mosque or St. Sophia Cathedral as it is also known. It dates from the 13th century and was converted from a cathedral to a mosque in 1570 when its two minarets were added. The northern point of entry into the city is the Kyrenia Gate; finished in 1567 it's an impressive reminder of when the Venetians ruled Cyprus. Other notable walled city attractions include the fortified Great Inn and Arabahmet Mosque.
Ercan is ideal for those who enjoy sun, sea and sand and this Turkish region of Cyprus has these in abundance. Kyrenia is the most popular seaside resort, and this beautiful old Venetian harbour town is backed by the dramatic forest covered slopes of the Besparmak Mountains.
Kyrenia Castle dominates the marina and harbour, and though it has been rebuilt over the years, it dates from the 7th century. Be sure to visit the Shipwreck Museum inside the castle, where you can see a wooden merchant ship from 306BC. This well preserved wreck was raised from the sea in 1967, and today you can see a version of the ship on Cypriot Euro 50, 20 and 10 cent coins.
Outdoor enthusiasts will adore this wonderful part of Cyprus, and the coast offers swimming, sailing, scuba diving and windsurfing, while hiking, climbing, horse riding and cycling are popular in the Kyrenia area and inland.
Add the excellent Mediterranean climate, great entertainment and delicious Turkish and Greek inspired cuisine and you have everything you need for a memorable break.
Getting around Ercan
Most visitors will take a taxi or bus from Ercan to Nicosia, Kyrenia or other local towns and villages. Getting around Nicosia is easy and there are local buses which you can catch at several points including Kyrenia Gate. There are plenty of taxis available and they are the most popular option for getting between northern and southern Cyprus. Taxi fares are reasonable and though they are set, it is best to agree on a price before leaving. In Kyrenia there are also buses and taxis as well as local 'Dolmus' buses to get to and from the beach.
How to get to the city from the airport
Ercan International Airport (ECN) is the arrival point for many travellers to this wonderful part of Cyprus. A scheduled local bus service departs regularly for Nicosia and Kyrenia, and taxis are also available from outside the terminal.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Ercan
USA departure airports for flights to Ercan
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Ercan
- New York (NYC)
Interesting information about Ercan
More useful information about Ercan
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Flights Quito from Charlotte
- Albany to St Maarten
- Flights to Kansas City
- Los Angeles to Virginia Beach flights
- Flights from Philadelphia to Los Angeles
- Hawaii from Lansing flights
- American Airlines flights
- Sioux Falls to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International
- Flights to Fresno Air Terminal from Fort Pierce
- Cheap flights Texas