Cheap flights to Dusseldorf (DUS)
As the largest airport in the North Rhine-Westphalia area, and third largest airport in Germany, Düsseldorf International Airport (DUS) is an ideal gateway into the region. It's 4.3 miles (7km) north of downtown Düsseldorf, and serves nearly 19 million passengers per year. The airport is a major hub for both Air Berlin and Lufthansa, which each offer around 300 flights per day. A large area of land located south-west of the terminals is currently being developed as Düsseldorf Airport City, to be completed by 2013. It already houses hotels, businesses and a cinema.
With over 40 restaurants and coffee shops scattered throughout the airport, and even more retail outlets, there's plenty to keep you occupied. Otherwise, you can always see what's happening at Messe Düsseldorf, a trade fairground that hosts more than 40 annual fairs. It’s only 500 meters from Airport City, and will easily keep you entertained for hours.
Although it's a busy airport - over 70 airlines use it on a daily basis - Düsseldorf International offers an efficient and stress-free transit environment.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Dusseldorf
USA departure airports for flights to Dusseldorf
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Dusseldorf
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Boston (BOS)
- New York (NYC)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Fargo (FAR)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Austin (AUS)
- Washington (WAS)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Grand Rapids (GRR)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Guatemala City (GUA)
- Cancun (CUN)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Huntsville (HSV)
- Charlotte (CLT)
Interesting information about Dusseldorf
More useful information about Dusseldorf
- Comparable to a pub in the UK, a gasthaus is a family-run eatery.
- Germany has 16 states or Bundesländer which can be visited by train.
- Get a last minute flight to Germany to castles and gardens maintained by Europe’s most elite.
- The busiest season for direct flights to Germany is May to late October.
- Make sure to find time to visit Germany's castles and picturesque villages.
- Good deals on one way flights to Germany can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Find good pilsners and other lagers served in bars on your flight to Germany.
- To see romantic castles and picturesque villages, Romantic Road is the route to take.
- Although winter generally brings fewer visitors, it is becoming a popular time especially for the ski areas.
- The country has world class opera houses. You can find them in cities such as Berlin and Munich.