Cheap flights to Denpasar, Bali
Bali's capital city often goes unexplored in favor of spending more time on the island's beaches, but it's definitely worth a look. It's home to thousands of Balinese from other parts of the island, has a rich history with some good museums, a lively events calendar and great markets. Pasar Badung is the largest market, selling food and clothing to locals, Pasar Burung is the noisy and colorful bird and small animals market and Pasar Malam Pekambingan and Pasar Kereneng are night markets.
As far as beaches go, there are several within easy reach. Kuta, Legian and Canggu are best for surfing, whereas Sanur is great for sunbathing.
Bali has a tropical monsoon climate. There are two seasons - dry (May to September/October) and wet (October/November to April). The Monsoon brings heavy showers and high humidity during the wet season. The months of June to September are the driest months and humidity is not a factor.
Best Time to Fly to Denpasar
June to September is peak season in Denpasar as most people visit Denpasar during this time. Schools are out and European tourists take their vacations during these months.
The wet season (October to March) is, in general, the low season. However, you'll find some savvy travelers, who take advantage of the cheaper accommodations rates during this time. December and January are the wettest months, meaning less visitors.
Getting around Denpasar
There are several ways of getting to Denpasar from the airport. These include buses, taxis, shuttles, courtesy shuttles (provided by hotels) and limousines. There are also several car-rental companies with desks at the airport.
The center of Denpasar is easily covered on foot. Taxis are cheap and readily available and it's best to settle on a fare before you set off, to avoid any nasty shocks later on. Bemos are small vans with set routes that set off when they are full. It may take a while for bemos to fill up so taking a taxi may be a quicker - and more comfortable - option. Understanding the routes that bemos take may be something best left to locals too. Australians can drive in Bali as long as they bring their International Driving License.
Denpasar Travel Information
- The Bali Museum is across from the square. It has several buildings from different regencies, ancient artifacts and some of the weapons used in the Puputan.
- Other museums of note include Museum Rudana, the art museum and Museum Semarajaya, which has a good collection of weapons, ceramics, paintings, furniture and dance and ceremonial costumes.
- The Bali Arts Festival takes place in June/July each year. It's a month-long celebration of Balinese culture with performances, exhibitions and much more.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Denpasar
USA departure airports for flights to Denpasar
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Denpasar
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (NYC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Albuquerque (ABQ)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Lihue (LIH)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Washington (WAS)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Newark (EWR)
- Albany (ALB)
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Eugene (EUG)
- Milwaukee (MKE)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- St Louis (STL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Miami (MIA)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Little Rock (LIT)
Useful information about Denpasar
More useful information about Denpasar
- Bali is known for its vast coral reefs. Take a direct flight to Bali if you're a diving enthusiest.
- Golfers enjoy putting on the greens of the Bali Handara Kosaido Country Club.
- Near Bali, you can take a ferry ride to see the three small Gili Islands.
- Direct flights to Bali arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS).
- While you are there, try some of the local cuisine such as Babi guling and Lawar.
- If you're looking for an unique experience, you can take a swim in the holy waters at Tirtha Empul Temple.
- Escape the winter cold and book a last minute flight to Bali.
- Sport fishing and white water rafting are popular outdoor activities in Bali.
- Interested in history? Take a one way flight to Bali to see the Pura Taman Ayun temple.
- The beaches of Bali are a world famous destination.
Other user searches
- Syracuse to Las Vegas
- Flights from Columbus to London
- Cheap flights to Rhode Island
- Cheap flights to Tahiti from Los Angeles
- Flights to Las Vegas
- Flights to Rome from Norfolk
- Cheap flights to Jerusalem
- Boston to Las Vegas
- Cheap flights from San Luis Valley Rgnl/Bergman Field to Gozo
- Flights from Fresno to Miami