Cheap flights to Chisinau (KIV)
Chisinau is the largest city in Moldova, and as such it has so many great things to see and to do. Take a stroll in the Dendrarium park and enjoy the peace and quiet and the elegant walkways lined with some stunning tree specimens. The Stefan cel Mare Park with its lovely fountains is another great place for a walk or a picnic with your family. One of the most renowned features of Chisinau is the Victory Memorial and the Eternal Flame that burns within it. The memorial and the flame are there to commemorate the casualties of World War II. Visit the botanical gardens and the National Museum to learn more about the rich natural and cultural history of this amazing part of the world. If you are interested in culture and museums, then make sure to pay a visit of the Museum of Ethnography and Natural History (Muzeul National de Etnografie si Istorie Naturala) as well. Lovers of literature are sure to adore the town's little, and very charming, Pushkin Museum, which celebrates the great writer's visit to the city many years ago.
Best Time to Fly to Chisinau
Moldova has cold winters that tend to be very snowy, temperate weather during spring and fall, and warm summers. So you can plan your trip to Chisinau based on the weather that you like best! Visit during Christmas to experience a very festive atmosphere, or in the summer months to catch Independence Day on the 27th of August. If beating the crowds is your concern, then do not worry: Moldova has long been the least visited country in Europe (despite being one of the most fascinating and beautiful!). However, flights might be more expensive during peak seasons (such as the summer months of June-August) as these also coincide with school vacation.
Getting around Chisinau
Chisinau is perhaps best known, in terms of public transport, for its trolley buses. These unique and quirky trolley buses will take you to all of the main attractions and quarters of the city. There are also buses available in the downtown area, and they run from early morning to midnight every day. Public buses in Chisinau are very cheap, and so are a brilliant option if you are on a budget vacation. In the suburbs of the city, you are more likely to find privately operated minibuses than the public buses that are a common sight in downtown. Moldova also has a good rail network, so you can take the train from Chisinau to explore the rest of the country if you like.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Chisinau
USA departure airports for flights to Chisinau
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Chisinau
Interesting information about Chisinau
More useful information about Chisinau
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.