Flights from Los Angeles International (LAX) to Cancun (CUN)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Los Angeles International to Cancun across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Los Angeles International to Cancun
How much do things cost in Cancun and Los Angeles?
Additional useful information for Cancun
Not just for spring breakers, Cancun is a premier destination for young and old, families and singles. Clear, sparkling water and miles of white, sandy beaches dotted with gently swaying palm trees beckon visitors seeking seaside serenity, while more adventurous visitors enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and jet-skiing. There's no shortage of indoor fun as well, as Cancun is well-known for its vibrant and exciting nightclubs and features a host of world-class restaurants. Add impressive accommodations, never-ending festivals and ample indoor and outdoor shopping, and who wouldn't want to visit Cancun?
How long is the flight from Los Angeles to Cancun?
Flying direct from Los Angeles International Airport to Cancun puts you in the air for close to five hours. Travel times from other Los Angeles-area airports is longer since all flights to Cancun from those airports involve one or more stops.
Which airlines operate flights from Los Angeles to Cancun?
United, Delta, InterJet, American, Virgin America and Southwest each fly direct from Los Angeles to Cancun. Spirit, jetBlue, Volaris, Frontier and Aeromexico each offer one-stop flights, but booking one of these flights typically won't save you any money unless the stopover is many hours long.
How frequent are flights between Los Angeles and Cancun?
On a typical day there are more than 200 flights departing Los Angeles for Cancun. Although early-morning and late-evening flights are available, some of the cheapest flights depart Los Angeles between early afternoon and early evening.
Which airports serve Los Angeles to Cancun?
Los Angeles is served by Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and several others, including Bob Hope Airport (BUR), also known as Hollywood Burbank Airport, and Long Beach Airport (LGB.) All direct flights from Los Angeles to Cancun depart LAX. Cancun is served by Cancun International Airport (CUN).
Which direct flight route between Los Angeles and Cancun is cheapest?
The cheapest and only direct flights from Los Angeles to Cancun depart from Los Angles International Airport. You'll find the best rate if your travel dates are flexible.
It may never rain in southern California, but it does in Cancun, with more than 10 inches of rain during a typical September - the region's rainiest month. However, rainfall during most times of the year is significantly less, especially from January through May when the average monthly rainfall is less than two inches. So there's plenty of sunshine, and with an average daily high of 82 degrees F during summer and 73 degrees F during winter, Cancun has a milder climate than Los Angeles. Gentle Caribbean trade winds ensure a pleasant breeze most of the year.
Looking for the cheapest flight for your visit to Cancun? Let Cheapflights help you with that. Our search engine finds the best deals from around the web, saving you time and money.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from Los Angeles International to Cancun
- Traveling between Los Angeles International and Cancun typically provides 252 seats for passengers on a daily basis
- The average delay between Los Angeles International and Cancun is 1 hr 11 mins
- 3 is the most common departure terminal for flights from Los Angeles International to Cancun
- There is a very low cancellation rate for Los Angeles International to Cancun flights
- Passengers taking flights from Los Angeles International to Cancun will usually depart from gate 37A
- Flights between Los Angeles International and Cancun are rarely subject to diversions
- If you’re flying between Los Angeles International and Cancun United Air Lines Inc. is the most popular airline
- From Los Angeles International to Cancun, the most frequently used aircraft is an Airbus A320-100/200
Popular routes to Cancun
Popular routes from Los Angeles International
- Flights from Los Angeles International to Guadalajara
- Los Angeles International to Mexico City
- Cabo San Lucas from Los Angeles International flights
- Flights Los Angeles International to Puerto Vallarta
- Los Angeles International to Leon
- Los Angeles International to Morelia
- Los Angeles International to Aguascalientes
- Los Angeles International to Zacatecas
- Mazatlan from Los Angeles International