Cheap flights to Birmingham (BHX)
Birmingham Airport, which was known as Birmingham International Airport until November 2010, is nestled in England’s West Midlands. This well serviced and easy to navigate airport is just six miles (10km) from central Birmingham and is an increasingly popular departure point for cheap flights in or out of Britain.
Although Birmingham is one of the largest cities in Britain, the airport itself avoids the hustle and bustle of many larger airports and instead offers passengers a decent range of shopping and dining options without being too overwhelming. Birmingham Airport has recently merged its two terminals into a single terminal building in order to streamline passenger movements and prepare for a planned increase in traffic.
Birmingham Airport is a hub for low-cost airlines such as bmi, Flybe, Ryanair, Monarch, Thomas Cook Airlines and Thomson Airways. Passengers can use Birmingham to fly to many destinations in Europe and there are often cheap flights to Birmingham International Airport from the Middle East, North America, the Caribbean and India as well.
Birmingham Airport is well connected to various transport facilities running to a number of cities across the United Kingdom. It’s a popular airport for low-cost carriers and the facilities available at the airport are great for all types of travelers ranging from shopaholics to businessmen or parents traveling with their kids.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Birmingham
USA departure airports for flights to Birmingham
Useful information about Birmingham
More useful information about Birmingham
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.