Cheap flights to Andorra
Ask anyone to locate Andorra on a map and it’s likely they’ll search for a while. Ask a snow-and-ski lover to locate Andorra on a map, and they’ll show you a small little country located betweenFrance
that’s famous for its winter runs. The country is so remote there is no principal airport so flights to Andorra must arrive at eitherBarcelona Airport
. Comprising of a mere 181 square miles, Andorra is packed full of picturesque scenery. Lined with lakes, forests and plenty of mountains in the backdrop, travelers vacationing in Andorra will have plenty to do and see. Several museums and monuments adorn the city center alongside first-rate restaurants, open cafes, bars and plenty of duty-free shopping.
Andorra is a mountainous country, with cold winters and mild summers. The climate can vary greatly with the altitude. There are plenty of sunny days to enjoy and little rain. You’ll get the wettest in the fall. Plentiful snow in the winter makes for great skiing and popular ski resorts. The average temperature ranges between 28 F and 75 F.
Best Time to Fly to Andorra
Andorra's ski resorts are at their best mid-December when snow is plentiful and skiers and snowboarders alike come to take in the slopes. The season lasts through mid-April, thanks to the help of man-made snow. Hiking season begins once the snow has melted and continues through October.
Getting around Andorra
The best way to get in and out of Andorra - and the only way - is by car. Andorra has only three major roads that all connect with the Spanish and French borders.
Those travelers heading to Andorra from France can take the train from Toulouse to L'Hospitalet where daily buses pick up passengers for the drive to Andorra.
Andorra Travel Information
Andorra la Vella
Nestled within Ruin Gran Valera Valley is the cozy capital, Andorra la Vella. When you plan flights to Andorra, there’s no escaping its sole town – and for good reason. Its adorable amenities like shops and restaurants are what keep this principality humming to its own little beat. The small historic quarter is perfect for evening strolls or day trips, and it’s the perfect place to find luxurious souvenirs.
Placa del Poble
Placa del Poble, or People’s Square, is located just south of Placa de Reves. For historians planning flights to Andorra, you won’t want to miss the modern government office building, where most official business of the area takes place. Great views of the valley and mountain are nearby, and the square makes a perfect gathering place (especially at night) to socialize, have dinner, and mingle among locals.
National Automobile Museum
If you’re aching for some vintage art, but don’t know where to look, then head straight to the National Automobile Museum, where the term “art” is interpreted in a different light. More than 100 four-wheeled masterpieces from 1898 to 1950 live here, among antique motorcycles and bikes. Make sure to stop by here before you board your return Andorra flight.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Andorra
Flights to Europe
More useful information about Andorra
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.