Cheap flights to Torreon (TRC)
When is the best/cheapest time to visit Torreon?
With the city of Torreon enjoying a very arid climate, temperatures can invariably be very high. The most comfortable months for exploring Torreon and its many attractions are January through to March and also November to December. Rainfall during these months is also lower than at other times of the year.
The months of September and October see Torreon host two of its most well-known annual festivals. Taking place in the middle of September every year, the Cotton and Grape Fair features music, funfair rides and cultural events. Every October, scores of the world's best drummers descend on Torreon for the Laguna Drumfest, one of the largest festivals of its type in Mexico.
The cheapest flights to Torreon can usually be found from January through to March and also October to September. Peak tourist months are April, June through to August and then finally December.
Why visit Torreon?
Although it is one of the youngest cities in Mexico, Torreon has a delightful historic centre with a number of attractions which are well worth visiting. These include the Carmen Cathedral, the regal Casino de la Laguna and the truly wonderful Martinez Theatre. Additionally, the centre of the city is home to a good selection of museums, including the Museo Arocena located inside the Casino de la Laguna.
Used by many as a meeting point, the delightful Plaza de Armas in the centre of Torreon is a large, tree-lined square where there is always something to see. In addition to the wealth of shops and eating establishments, the Plaza de Armas is the venue for a weekly exhibition of traditional Mexican dancing by the city locals.
Undoubtedly the most famous tourist attraction in Torreon is the magnificent Cristo de las Noas. Rivalling Christ the Redeemer in Rio, this colossal monument is the third largest statue of Christ in the world. Keeping an ever watchful eye on the city from its hilltop position, the Cristo de las Noas provides Torreon with its most iconic image. The hilltop where the statue stands is also home to a church and offers tremendous views of the city.
Getting around Torreon
The most popular areas of Torreon, such as the Plaza de Armas, are best explored on foot. The city is modern and clean, making it a pleasure to walk around during the day. As with most large cities, it is best to avoid certain areas at night. Torreon has a highly efficient public transport system with buses being the main method of travel.
Getting from the Airport to Torreon
Torreon is served by Francisco Sarabia International Airport (TRC), which is situated just 3 miles (5 km) from the centre of the city. Some of the major hotels in Torreon offer a free shuttle service in between the airport and the city. There are also a number of car rental firms which operate at the airport.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Torreon
USA departure airports for flights to Torreon
Useful information about Torreon
More useful information about Torreon
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.
Other user searches
- Flights Tyler to Asturias
- Cheap flights to Europe
- Flights to Philadelphia
- Cheap flights from Los Angeles to Niagara Falls
- Fort Lauderdale to France flights
- Flights to Boston
- Cheap flights from New York to Atlanta
- American Airlines
- Flights Oakland to Winnipeg
- Cheap flights to Washington from Los Angeles