From fantastic beach experiences, to sublime views, adventure and cultural experiences, Napier on New Zealand's North Island is a great holiday destination for adventurous and romantic travelers. Located close to Napier, Te Mata Peak is one of the region's most visited attractions for its beautiful views: Hawkes Bay surrounds you and the emotions conjured by the scenery are incredible. A great choice for a beach tour and barbeque is the Cape Kidnappers tour which takes you on a beach walk and a visit to The Farm Restaurant for some local cuisine. A day visit to the Art Deco centre is a great way to learn more about Napier's heritage. Here you can learn about the earthquake that nearly destroyed the region in 1931. Visitors can enjoy sunrise and sunset on Marine Parade which is a great view and walking site that the whole family can enjoy.
The National Aquarium is a great choice for those who love the marine world and for families with kids, while Par 2 Mini Golf is another idea for a day trip. Laserforce games are also a popular activity for families and teens. The Faraday Centre is an excellent choice for a museum trip featuring engines and scientific exhibits. Of course the beach is omnipresent in the city and a popular space for rest and relaxation.
Best Time to Fly to Napier
Napier experiences its winter months during June, July and August and this is when the area also gets most of its rainfall. January is the warmest month while August is usually the coldest time of the year. June is generally the wettest month, while November is the driest. It can get very hot in the region as the climate is Mediterranean. The area can be both scorching and humid during the summer months. In high summer, it is very hot and visitors should ensure that they wear adequate sun protection.
The low season in the city is the winter months of June till August. This means that flights and accommodations prices are likely to be slightly cheaper during these months. The high season summer months of December, January and February are likely to be a lot more expensive but there are some peak season deals offered for a brief time during the pre-summer season.
Getting around Napier
Once in the city you can make use of the local bus service, a private car or shuttle or taxi services to see the sights and tour in the area.
Flights to North Island
Useful information about Napier
More useful information about Napier
- Meat, wool, and dairy are the country's biggest businesses, but tourism is growing.
- Once your last minute flight to New Zealand arrives, take in some hiking, rafting, and swim with the dolphins.
- Rotorua is a geothermal area with several geysers including the spectacular 20-metre Pohutu geyser at Whakarewarewa.
- Larnach Castle is New Zealand’s only castle and Dunedin’s top visitor attraction.
- Kapiti Island is home to a nature reserve that protects some of the rarest birds in the world.
- Praised by some of the best sommeliers, New Zealand wines are revered around the world.
- If you are booking a one way flight to New Zealand, prepare for the South Island's cold winters.
- Travelers booking direct flights to New Zealand can dine on plenty of fresh seafood once they arrive.
Other user searches
- Seattle - Tacoma International to Adana
- Philadelphia to Amman cheap flights
- Flights to Maui
- Quad-City from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County flights
- New York airlines
- Flights to Ghana
- Las Vegas airport information
- Flights to Australia
- Tampa to Santander
- Flights from Golden Triangle Regional to Nile Valley