Cheap flights to Nantucket Memorial (ACK)
Cottage homes, church steeples, woven baskets, white beaches and picturesque lighthouses make up the quaint and quintessential New England resort town of Nantucket. Located 30 miles off the coast of Cape Cod, Nantucket is a remote island that serves as a peaceful escape from the hustle and chaos of nearby Boston and Providence. Once the whaling capital of the world, today's Nantucket still retains its old-world charm while new world money and luxury yachts find a home in Nantucket.
The island is mainly residential but in the summer becomes a favorite destination for thousands of tourists. New and renovated homes continue to be built, but the majority of Nantucket is protected land. Walk the beaches, take a bike ride or go window shopping at the island's exclusive boutiques before settling in for a sunset dinner at one of Nantucket's open-air restaurants along the beach.
Best Time to Fly to Nantucket
July and August are the busiest months on Nantucket and when most visitors travel to Nantucket for summer retreats. This is also the most expensive time to be on the island, but also the most festive.
Nantucket is a summer destination; winter, fall and spring are the low-season and when Nantucket is quietest. If you're planning a Nantucket vacation during the off-season, keep in mind that many restaurants, boutiques and attractions keep off-season hours.
Getting around Nantucket
If you want to save some money on gas, leave the car and take the shuttle bus around the island. The Nantucket shuttle bus runs throughout the day around the island. You'll never wait longer than 15 minutes for a shuttle bus in peak season.
The best way to see Nantucket is on a bike. Rent it from one of the local bike shops and set off on one of the many bike trails around the island. The views are majestic and the exercise is beneficial!
Nantucket Travel Information
- Nantucket is a tourist resort, so be careful where you shop and buy. Bargains are hard to find, but if you're in the mood for shopping head downtown and check out some of the Nantucket-only boutiques and shops.
- Ice cream is a religion in Nantucket. To find the best ice cream it's wise to try a few different places, but like anything, watch the costs. Some ice cream shops in town prey on the tourist dollar, while the hidden gems might give out sprinkles for free.
- Don't leave Nantucket without a Nantucket basket. These little baskets are woven in Nantucket and come in the form of jewelry, pottery and more.
- Visit the Nantucket Whaling Museum for a historical look into the island and its history.
- Get off the island for a day and take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard or Cape Cod. During the summer months, the Nantucket ferry runs frequently but it's ideal to buy your tickets ahead of time. You can take your car to Nantucket but you'll need to reserve a spot for it on the Nantucket ferry.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Nantucket Memorial
USA departure airports for flights to Nantucket Memorial
This is useful information about Nantucket Memorial
More useful information about Nantucket Memorial
- Traveling to Massachusetts? Find cheap flights to Worcester.