Cheap flights to Milas Airport (BJV)
Flights to Bodrum are packed with travelers looking for an escape in the south Aegean's romantic resort. Painted villas and narrow streets adorn the landscape and private yachts dock quietly on the harbor, providing a serene escape for visitors. Many Bodrum visitors take advantage of the harbor location by sailing off on day trips to nearby islands and beaches. But there's more to do in Bodrum than sail to other shores. Book flights to Bodrum and explore underwater adventures, historical museums including the Museum of Underwater Archaeology,and make a visit o the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Most tourists book flights to Bodrum during summer vacation, but even with the influx of visitors the resort area still retains an unspoilt atmosphere and charming personality. Take time to stroll through the Turkish bazaars, explore the ancient history, partake in underwater activities and experience the notorious nightlife.
Bodrum Travel Information
- One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus houses the remains of King Mausolos from centuries ago. When earthquakes ravaged the site in the 1500s, the materials were used to construct the nearby Saint Peter’s Castle. Since it’s such a small site now, sightseers booking flights to Bodrum normally pair the two attractions to get the full historical experience.
- As soon as you’re done seeing the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, head straight to Saint Peter’s Castle to see how the materials have come to fruition. The combination of ancient and modern collaboration make this site a must-see; whether you’re viewing it from land or from sea, anyone boarding flights to Bodrum will certainly be able to appreciate the 30,000 square feet of medieval architecture that took so many years to complete. Representing both the ascent of the Ottoman Empire, and the unity of Christian Europe, the castle stands today as both a historical and architectural monument.
- They don’t call it the carpet capital of Turkey for nothing. In Milas, wander along the pathways where hundreds of artisans gather to weave together their brightly colored, geometric prayer rugs. Each one is hand-woven and carefully completed with attention to detail, and since you’ll witness the makers at work, you’re sure to get a product that has authentic style and vibrant hues. If you do purchase a carpet, make sure to arrange baggage room for your return Bodrum flight.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Milas Airport
This is useful information about Milas Airport
More useful information about Milas Airport
- When your direct flight to Turkey arrives, you’ll be in a country of mystery and mystique.
- If you’re looking for quick trips, and opportunities to met locals, hop on one of the Dolmuses (minibuses).
- Find a cheap one way flight to Turkey and enjoy the Turkish hospitality while you savor all the history.
- Turkey’s proximity to both the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts make for scorching and arid summers.
- For high rollers, Nisantasi may be a great first stop straight from your Turkey flight.
- The country is divided between Europe and the Middle East and is a melting pot of sacred sites for many religions.
- When booking last minute flights to Turkey; the more sun there is, the more tourists there are.
- Ortaköy literally means “village in the middle,” and is quickly becoming a chic destination.