When is the best time to fly to Kahului?
Despite its tropical climate, Kahului is blessed with an all round balanced temperature, so if you're going for the heat alone, you won't be disappointed at any point in the year. If you really want to make the most of your money however, it's a good idea to travel from September to November. At this time the weather is pleasantly warm and dry but with fewer tourists. As this falls within school term time, the region is generally quieter with many tour operators, hotels and airlines offering much cheaper deals.
Located on the Hawaiian island of Maui, the city of Kahului is the largest in the region, boasting a fully operational harbor complete with an impressive coastal view that stretches for miles and miles. Whilst this area isn't particularly well-known for its white sandy beaches, palm trees and luaus, visitors can still get a great taste for the local Polynesian lifestyle.
A bustling hive for travelers and commercial activity, Kahului is a must-visit for those seeking some much-needed retail therapy. Here you can while away the daylight hours exploring the many market places and malls to uncover the perfect keepsake of your trip. Offering both traditional and contemporary fare, visitors certainly won't be disappointed with the range of goods on offer.
Despite Kahului's reputation as a shoppers’ paradise, this exotic island region is also home to the likes of the Maui Nui Botanical Gardens and the Maui Arts and Cultural Center. Spend the day strolling through the incredible gardens overflowing with lush Hawaiian vegetation before heading to the Arts and Cultural Center to witness a spectacular live performance as the sun sets. Offering everything from Rock to traditional Hula performances, you can completely immerse yourself in every aspect of Hawaiian life, from the ancient to the modern.
Before you leave this hidden gem, don't forget to take a short trip to the Kanaha Beach Park, where you can take part in various activities like windsurfing and kite boarding, or simply relax beneath the tropical sun.
Getting around Kahului
Kahului has several public transportation options including taxis and buses which are ideal for getting around the city quickly, but to truly experience this stunning region to the fullest, a car rental is highly recommended.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Kahului Airport (OGG) is incredibly popular with travelers because it is the main airport for Maui, therefore you can expect the ground transportation to be fairly good. As well as a number of car rental companies located within the airport, there is also a taxi rank outside. The fare into downtown Kahului will be pretty cheap, but check the price with your driver before departing. If you prefer, there is a shuttle bus traveling direct to several local hotels, but check the route beforehand.
Flight deals to Kahului
USA departure airports for flights to Kahului
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Kahului
- San Diego (SAN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- New York (NYC)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Portland (PDX)
- Washington (WAS)
- Albuquerque (ABQ)
- Austin (AUS)
- Lihue (LIH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Miami (MIA)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Houston (IAH)
- St Louis (STL)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
This is useful information about Kahului
More useful information about Kahului
- Book a last minute flight to Maui and see Humpback whales migrate from Alaskan waters every autumn.
- The second largest island in Hawaii, Maui has two large volcanoes divided by a tropical central valley.
- The Shops at Wailea offer high-end retail therapy, including Maui-exclusive boutiques and art galleries.
- At Haleakala National Park, you can walk into the crater of the largest dormant volcano in the world.
- Non-stop Maui flights will allow you to live near The Garden of Eden, a botanical garden and arboretum.
- Kihei Beach is one of the world’s longest white sand beaches that snakes along a bay.
- Direct flights to Maui would have you arrive at Hana Airport, Kahului Airport Airport, or Kapalua Airport.
- Visit The Carthaginian II, a ship museum dedicated to whaling and whales, in Lahaina.
- Maui flights will get you one step closer to snorkeling or scuba diving at the volcanic crater Molokini.
- While in Maui, check out the Pineapple Plantation Tour.