Cheap flights to East London, South Africa
East London, with its nostalgic charm and laidback ambience, is a beautiful coastal city. Its broad expanses of white sandy beach are legendary, attracting sun-seekers, swimmers, surfers and other water sports enthusiasts. Away from the beach, East London has a wealth of attractions, from its impressive colonial architecture to the superb Queen’s Park Botanical Gardens and Zoo. East London Museum has some fascinating natural history exhibits, including the coelacanth type specimen and a real dodo egg. It’s possible to take tours from the city to visit the amaXhosa, where visitors can try out local food and watch traditional dance.
Best Time to Fly to East London
East London is a great place to visit at any time of year although the very humid climate means it is never completely dry. Humidity levels reach over 80% between November and March. The least humid time to visit when the rainfalls are at their lower levels is in June and July which are also the coolest months.
Getting around East London
There is no organised public transport system in East London, so car rental is the most practical and convenient choice for visitors wanting to explore. Car rental firms have offices at the airport and in town. Otherwise, taxis are not too expensive and can be pre-booked.
Visitors should take the usual safety precautions when out and about, especially at night, and seek local advice where necessary. Always follow local guidance concerning currents and tides when it comes to beach safety.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to South Africa
This is useful information about East London
More useful information about East London
- The Spoornet rail connects the major cities; Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, and Durban.
- South Africa has 20 national parks, of which Kruger is the largest and best-known.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park is composed of the Kalahari Gemsbok National Park and Gemsbok National Park.
- Whale watchers should take last minute flights to South Africa between mid-June and the end of October.
- Take the cable car to the top of Table Mountain in Cape Town, whooshing up the mountain in less than 10 minutes.
- Travelers on one way flights to South Africa can view breaching whales at Hermanus, south of Cape Town.
- In general, the weather is sunny and hot in the summer months (December to April) in South Africa.
- The country is a year-round destination so cheap direct flights to South Africa can always be found.