Cheap flights to Agadir, Morocco
Completely rebuilt after a major earthquake in 1960, Agadir is now the premier holiday destination in Morocco. The city itself continues to grow but, despite its large size, remains fairly easy to get around due to the New York-like grid system in place. Despite the hustle and bustle of the city, Agadir is primarily known as a world-class beach resort. Holder of the prestigious Blue Flag award, the city's majestic main beach stretches along the coast for over 8 kilometres, the translucent waters of the Atlantic Ocean providing a welcome respite from the rays of the sun. The seafront promenade is constantly abuzz with life, with bars, cafes and street traders adding to its vibrant nature.
As a beach-oriented resort, most of the activities here are centered on the waterfront area. Just along from the beach, the Marina is a modern luxury complex consisting of chic eating establishments and designer stores selling international brands. This symbol of modernity sits in complete contrast to the tranquillity of the old port area, where local fishermen ply their wares and life is lived at a slower pace. Although the vast majority of the city was rebuilt in 1960, a rare glimpse into Agadir's past can be enjoyed at the hilltop Kasbah. Although only the outer wall of this historic citadel remains, its elevated position ensures that the views of the city and the coast are truly spectacular.
Best Time to Fly to Agadir
As Agadir is a beach destination, the best months to visit are from May to August. The coastal areas are a bit cooler than inland locations making the heat a little more bearable. However, the sun is still strong enough to make the waters of the Atlantic Ocean pleasantly warm. This is the high season for tourists here, so prepare for things to be busy.
The low season months of November, January and February are the cheapest times to visit the city. The average daily temperature during November is still very pleasant but this month also happens to be the wettest.
Getting around Agadir
Buses are plentiful within the city and are the cheapest form of public transport. There are two types of taxi here, petit and grand. Petit taxis, usually orange in color, are restricted to journeys within the city limits. A grand taxi is needed if you wish to travel to a destination outside of the city.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Agadir
USA departure airports for flights to Agadir
This is useful information about Agadir
More useful information about Agadir
- Morocco's climate is moderate and subtropical, cooled by breezes off the Mediterranean Sea.
- Marrakech, the “red city”, sits against the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visitors take last minute flights to Morocco for the country’s impressive crafts.
- Book a direct flight to Morocco and go to one of the colorful outdoor markets in Marrakech, Fès or Rabat.
- Rabat, the capital, overlooks the Atlantic. Tourist must-sees include the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and Hassan Tower.
- Shared taxis carrying up to six passengers are very popular and are a cheap way to get around the country.
- On the Atlantic-Mediterranean coastline, June through September are the most pleasant times to visit.
- One way flights to Morocco will allow you to see the Fes el-Bali (Old Fes) medina that dates from the 8th century.